Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cottage Vacation

We spent the past week at a cottage with my parents and sisters. While I wait for my dad to upload his 500 pictures, I pulled the best ones of the 20 on our camera. My aunt and their children & grandchildren (a.k.a. "our cousins") cottaged about 1 mile down the road from us. We spent the week biking or driving between the cottages, sharing meals, playing in the water and sand, reading novels, boating, lying in the sun, splashing on the "rack" (interpreted as 'dock'), painting and enjoying long naps!
Thing Two squashed in her bed (she's sideways in a pack-n-play, though she barely fits the long way) during nap time.
This pic of Thing One with my dad is my very favorite picture of all. I'm pretty sure we had to record "rack" time in hours rather than minutes.
On the suggestion of a very smart friend with little boys, I bought 3 foam craft "paint brushes" for $0.99 and provided water in a bucket and an empty yogurt container. And I don't know where Thing Two's pants are.






No comments: