Sunday, August 15, 2010

With Thing 2's third birthday fast approaching I thought it would fun (?!?) to make her and her dolly matching dresses. Since this is to be my first "make clothes for the kids" undertaking I settled on the ever popular and hopefully-easy-to-make Pillowcase Dress. The only problem was finding a cute pillowcase. Enter a quick stop to Goodwill and another to the fabric store.
Ta-da!
Materials:
1 - standard size pillowcase (Goodwill, $1.99 for set of 2)
1 3/8 yard of 1" pink ribbon (Field's Fabrics, ~$1.40)
thread
sewing maching
scissors
measuring tape
pencil
2 - free pdf download patterns (1st Pattern: sizing, actual directions I tried to follow, 2nd Pattern for an idea of how much of the material, ribbon and another example)
1 hour of my time
For next time: amount of ribbon is good, but I'll try a skinnier (1/2 inch?) ribbon. I cut this one longer (21 1/4" I think) than the size chart indicated as I wanted her to wear it for a longer time and hit just below her knees.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I need to get my mom to make one of these for Lily! It is adorable!!!

Val said...

Can't wait to see her in it! =D