Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm like my mom - ideas are a dime a dozen. We are idea people. A few weeks ago I had a GREAT idea! Since Baby Girl gets her clothes from the baby big and tall shop, we were starting to have pajama sleeper issues. They (the clothing makers) just don't make those wonderful sleep sacks bigger than a 9 month size. We do live in Michigan. It does get cold here. The baby wiggles. A lot. Especially in her sleep. Blankets are not an option.

So I mentioned to my sister that I thought I might make a fleece blanket bag for the baby to use in the winter. Being the wonderful, thoughtful and crafty sister she is, she actually found some great (cheap!) fleece and flannel at a Five and Dime store.

Three weeks later, the material is still sitting, unstitched, in the kitchen.

Today in a mad attempt to remain awake from 11 pm last night until 8 pm this evening, my "octurnal" sister decided to take upon herself this sewing project. We (mostly 'she') got two of the three intended projects completed this afternoon:
1 - using a 0-9 month sack sleeper as a "pattern", we traced around the edges + 1". Pretty much "eyeballed" everything else.
2 - Make quick trip to fabric store for zippers and snaps.
3 - Let previously mentioned sister sew!
4 - Baby model time
5 - Alternative style - sleeveless. The third sleeper will be purple fleece, long sleeved and flannel-lined.
We thought about using a pattern, but never got on the computer to look. If you aren't into "eyeballing" or don't have a smaller sleeper to pattern after, try looking for a bunting pattern.

No comments: