Saturday, October 25, 2008

Photo "tag"


This is the 6th picture from my 6th photo file. It is a picture of the first house we lived in. On 700 acres of property. Which we did not own.
I only have to think for about 3 seconds to remember the feel of the air and the smell of the air on days like this - a mixture of crisp pine and snow blended with the earthy smell of leaves & dirt and a occasional waft of farm. The air would feel dry, fresh, clean and cool. Inside the house had a musty, earthy, mildew-ey smell combined with bleach and whatever candles I happened to be burning.
There have been many days in the past year that I have acutely missed this place. Solitude. Beauty. Rock formations. Clean, fresh air. Little Scrubgrass Creek. Trail-running. Simplicity. This week I don't miss it at all. Because if we were there, I'd be raking. All week and most of next week, too.
I think one of the main reasons I miss this place is because I think I wasted an opportunity to be truly content and trust in God to supply my needs. I am thankful that even in uncertain times now, politically, economically, family-y, I have the opportunity to learn from my mistakes and to be at peace with where God has placed me in this moment.


No comments: