Friday, December 12, 2008

Anyone for Coffee?


I'm sure all parents have "that one thing" they worry about each particular child in addition to the one child they worry about more than the others. This video provides me the proof I need that my son will indeed be Ok. He is quick to frustration, likes to play alone and is not as coordinated as other kids his age. On the other hand, he has a fabulous memory (helpful when I forget the grocery list...), is articulate and loving, and likes to run, run, run. When I have observed him with other children, he tends to play alone, approaching other children for the toy rather than for the interaction with the child. I think these two were well matched as she is sensitive to others, well-spoken, low-key, likes personal space and is just a few months younger than he. Their little play was charming. Of course, I missed the best interaction but managed to capture this one with a little patience. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that the object used was our white elephant gift - a "old fashioned" coffee thermos that has logged waaaayyy to many hours in refineries. Thanks Uncle Harry!

P.S. My computer's sound system seems to have failed. Someone please comment to let me know if the Christmas music plays when you open the blog and if you can hear the audio on the clip above. Thanks!

1 comment:

beth said...

negatory on the christmas music... affirmative on the sound for the video. :)

it's really too bad columbus is so many hours away... not only to have family closer but seems those 2 kiddos play really well!