Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Definately Christmas!

I've been terrible neglectful of writing lately, not that I haven't thought about it. In my hurried attempts to do all the Christmas stuff of gifts, cards, food and church on top of my regular responsibilities, I decided that something had to give. Unfortunately, this was the thing that "gave". One line of the Bible runs through my head; the verse that impacted me most last Christmas as well. Luke 2:19 says, "but Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."

There is so much kerfuffle surrounding Christmas; so much exhaustion. I decided to push to finish everything early so I could take time to "ponder" this week. Exhaustion still reigns, thanks to the massive amount of snow we've been shoveling. The pondering has been good. The still reflection, the wondering, the awe, the realization of what Christmas really is.

God offers us so much but my wish for you is that you accept his peace in your soul this Christmas. If you don't know of God's peace, search for John 3:16 - that's it in a nutshell. Wishing you a truly joyful Christmas!

No comments: