Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Black Friday

Every good holiday has an "eve" and often, that is when most of the celebrating is done. Consider: All Saint's Eve (a la Halloween) /All Saint's Day; Christmas Eve / Christmas, New Year's Eve / New Year's Day, Memorial Day Weekend /Memorial Day (same for Labor Day) and, of course, Thanksgiving /Black Friday. I wasn't so sure I wanted to celebrate Black Friday this year, but now that it's over, I'm glad I did. I must admit, I shopped online last night to secure some items from a store that is typically quite crazed.

5:09 - Alarm Rings. I accidentally turn it off.
5:19 - wake up in panic.
5:23 - head downstairs dressed & ready to do
5:25 - head downstairs again after tucking in Thing One (He was crying for me to say "good night" but did say "sank you for bankets momma". How sweet!)
5:31 - pull out of garage with chocolate chip bagel, banana and Diet Coke
5:55 - in line at discount store with familia already in line
6:15 - checked out! Thought that would take a lot longer!
6:30 - leave headquarters (mom and dad's house)
7:00 - in line at warehouse store
8:05 - in warehouse store
8:35 - leave warehouse store with only 33% of desired items : (
9:00 - enjoying traditional Black Friday breakfast with family
10:00 - regroup at HQ2 (our house)
12:22 pm - back home from 4 other locations with success! Well, we did walk out of one store because the checkout lines were too long for our piddly little items.

Hope you had a fun day! The Christmas Tree awaits us!

P.S. The Cran-Apple pie turned out fabulous so says all the female relatives. It's a little scary bringing your first pie to a meal hosted by the best family cooks. I'll share my super easy, do-ahead, super secret recipe if you ask nicely and share a favorite Thanksgiving recipe with me!

No comments: