Friday, November 7, 2008

Sometimes you just have to

I had to go to Meijer on Halloween and they had all their costumes on clearance. Sometimes you just have to splurge (within the budget, of course!). She was the cutest Elmo I have ever seen. But that's not the correct Elmo.

Here is the correct Elmo:

My sweet little baby Elmo. Too bad it can't be Halloween more often. And too bad kids grow out of their adorable things. So, we have a nice, gently used Elmo costume size 18 months if anyone wants to borrow it next year. I'll reserve it for the first "dibs". This was a fun "sometimes you just have to".



We also have those things that as Mama, I just dread. And haircuts is one of them. I've been putting this hair cut off for... months now, actually. My former hairdresser moved to Texas. She used to meet us at my mom's and cut One's hair while he watched Elmo. My mom trimmed his bangs and the back but the back was growing out like a cute girl's bob. This would not do. With much prompting from the Tantes, we went to Great Clips with my coupon to get 'er done.



The several months of maturity seems to have helped. Or was it the mirror with mousse to play in? Or the promise of a sucker? The planets aligned and we had a wonderful haircutting experience filled with cooperative behavior, some uncertaintly, no tears, and "can I have a sucker?" every 3 minutes. Oh, and it can't hurt that the stylist had a wonderful, relaxed manor and made sure One was comfortable with each step in the process. Thanks Judith!



What a handsome little boy. Whose still a little itchy. (Yup, that's the purple sucker in hand.)

1 comment:

anne said...

SO cute!! Come next year when I don't want to make a costume? I might totally come me some dibs... :)