Sunday, January 25, 2009

Regrets

Twice this week, I have found myself in a relationship did not work the way it was supposed to. In college, my roommate and I had a disagreement which strained our friendship. That relationship never recovered. I think of that experience often from a learning perspective but I still wish I had handled it differently at the time thus preserving the friendship.

Case Study #1: the experience involving a friend was easy to learn from. I actually know what I did wrong, have ideas about how to go forward and a specific "what not to do" for the future. Case Study #2 is an on-going family deal and I am at a complete loss. I'm just not sure how to go forward without carrying guilt. I'm not sure I did the right thing, but I may have. I know there were things God wanted me to do or not to do and I can think of at least two that I ignored. This situation will have long-term effects, as did the issue with my roommate.

As it's past my bedtime, I will save the rest of my jumbled thoughts to ponder over coffee. Plus I have "potty teaching" to plan.

2 comments:

anne said...

It's hard not to feel responsible when people who are close to use who make decisions that we don't agree with. But we also have to realize that they will make their own choices. I do sympathize though...

beth said...

i sympathize, as well as resemble your comments and feelings. *sigh*