Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!?

Happy New Year and Blessed Epiphany to you! My computer has been acting up and piling that on top of Christmas travel & general business means I've not been writing much. When I started this blog I thought it would be more of a chore, but I rather enjoy it!

Since my last "real" post we've traveled 800 miles, opened gifts 5 times, started another round of antibiotics, finished epistle of St. John and moved on to Numbers, re-financed the house, experienced the fun of a Wii, and put up a "big big boy bed". No wonder I'm tired. Maybe it's the fatigue or old age, but I've done some goofy stuff lately.

Let's start with today. I washed used baby wipes with the cloth diapers. Except we don't use re-usable wipes. And unfortunately, that wipe had been used on a "dirty" diaper. Then, in a rush to get to story time on time (we already had missed play time with friends) I grabbed the four library books from their place, threw the into my bag and ran out the door. Once at the library, I shoved them into the return box and we hurried down to the children's area. After we got home, I was walking through the living room and noticed a library book open on the floor. Little Miss (below) is really into reading the past couple weeks. Apparently she had been reading a library book today. Except I know I returned four books to the library. And so I must have "returned" one of our books. Now I had to figure out which book we returned. Or... I could just call the library. Surely they'd notice a book that wasn't theirs. Well, apparently I'm not the only dingy mother who "returns" non-library books so I had to come up with a title. After much pain and steam from thinking so hard, I came up with the book. Except I didn't know the title. But at least I was able to identify the book and our helpful library will hold it for me until I can return.
The other big "what did I do..." has to do with a certain little boy's Christmas present. You have to admit, this thing is awesome! I got a great deal at a garage sale. Once I got it home (not an easy task in a Jetta), I had to figure out where to hide it. For 5 months. A few close calls, but it was never discovered. It was a hit Christmas morning, and continues to be played with daily. But now my issues is, "where are we going to keep this thing?" It currently resides in our living room where we spend most of our time. But seriously, what was I thinking? It's huge! I'm pretty sure I was only thinking about how much my son would love this ramp. And he does. He is currently in the middle of a top story/roof construction project with an excavator. This is good. Downsizing. I'm hoping once the Christmas Tree is down, I'll feel less crowded.

Now, to the Christmas Tree!

2 comments:

beth said...

you're feeding into my suspicions. i know you swear it's not the cause... and (i kind) of believe you (mostly because there's no visible proof).

but my only question is this... if you're not pregnant now, what's really going to happen to you when you do get pregnant again? if you're this absent-minded now... :)

Joy said...

thanks for your vote of confidence sista! All testing to this date is negative. So that just leaves me and my 50% brain power.... Which I attribute to actually having to work this week. tehe! touche!