Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekly Recap

Just wanted to comment on two previous posts -

I think that my last post was a spewing of emotion. After I wrote, I felt much better and had a clearer view of everything. I know other people's decisions are not my responsibility, but when several people all say, "I wish...." about a situation, I just wonder about the cumulative effects of the "I wishes...."

The author of "A Little Bit Crazy" (see link on right) has a posting on a green living blog - follow her link to check it out. She lists a bunch of ideas that we do at our house as well but she sparked another idea - while the toddlers are napping, I work to do as much housework as I can get done. Typically, I turn the thermostat down 2-4 degrees for that 2 hours of "naptime". The kids are warm either under the blankets or from doing bed gymnastics and since I'm working, I'm not bothered by the cooler temperature.

Moving on...... Our family is up to something this week and next week, but hopefully not much longer than that. Any guesses? I'll post a photo later this weekend.

And, has anyone seen a paper copy of our household budget sitting around? Again, I keep doing these silly things (stress induced?) and the latest glitch is not being able to find a previous copy of our budget. So far I have mortgage & taxes, church tithe, groceries, gas, electric, water, trash, clothing, doctor visit, babysitters, phone, insurance (multiple), personal cash, car maintenance, shoes for Todd, haircuts/other personal items, Compassion donation, savings, and date night but I think I'm missing something semi-important. What else did I miss? Need to find those papers tomorrow during nap time. Fuel for cars. It's too cold for the kids to be in the wagon.

1 comment:

anne said...

Ummm...pedicure budget? Chocolate? Ok, how about savings? :)

Thanks for the linkeroo!